Experience and enjoy the ride on the traditional Neretva boat at the one of last Europe wetlands. Opuzen is located in a heart of Neretva Delta surrounded by fertile sunny fields. Opuzen bears its name from fortress Opus built by Venice rulers in late 17. Century. There are many antique artifacts in the area. At the main square The Church of Saint Stephen, built in 1883 dominates, surrounded by beautiful stone buildings. It is considered to be one of the most beautiful squares in Dalmatia. In the summer Opuzen is hosting various venues like Boat Marathon and culinary competitions. What makes Opuzen unique is small city feel, and it looks like you always been there. Neretva Delta is also named Golden Valley or Croatian California because of large tangerine and other fruit and vegetables plantations. Remnants of old wetlands are well preserved with numerous streams flowing to Lake Kuti and Adriatic Sea.
Depending of the time of the year there will be fruit picking,strawberries in April and May, water melons, cantalopes in June,July and August, tangerines in September, October and November.
- Welcome party in Opuzen, where Neretva divides at two parts and embarking on the boats
- Drive thru the wetlands through small streams, narrow channels where you can enjoy natural plants and flowers and wild life as well.
- Full meal in our restaurant in the middle of the marsh with music entertainment Price includes apetizers in Opuzen (prosciutto,cheese,salted anchovies,olives,dried fix,home made brandy.)
- Main course: grilled meat (choice of pork,beef,veal,chicken) or fish menu (local fish) side dish and salad.
- Dezert and wine,mineral water and sodas. We also offer vegetarian menu or any other special request.
- In season price includes 3 kg tangerines,extra quantities per market prices
Duration: 4 hours
Price: 30€ per person.
Minimum: 20 persons.
Fort Opus Travel Agency
Mobile: +385 99 696 04 90